Courtesy khanakhazana.com :)
- I kg ripe tomatos. (I used 1 can of tomato puree )
- 1/2 kg paneer
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp bhuna jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 5 flowers of mace (known as javitri.)
- 10 green cardamom
- salt to taste
- 100 gm butter(preferably white)
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- 1tsp sugar
- Chopped dhania
- Boil tomatos with mace and green cardamom for 5 minutes. I boiled the tomato puree with mace and green cardamom. (Tip: Tie the mace and green cardamom in a fine muslin cloth and make a knot and drop it in the pot. This makes sure the flavour is imparted but saves you time from handpicking every cardamom and mace flower)
- Then take out mace and cardamom and make a puree of tomatoes.
- In a pan heat half of butter and add ginger-garlic paste, and fry well.
- Add tomato puree and fry. Reduce it by 1/4 th in quantity.
- Add red chilly, garam masala. jeera powder.
- Add salt and sugar and remaining butter and cook for a minutes.
- Add paneer cubes and fry a little.
- Now add fresh cream and kasuri methi.
- Kasuri methi should be dry roasted and crushed.
- Mix it well and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Decorate with chopped dhania.